Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Black or White. NO GRAY?

My most recent though here stems from the idea that people nowadays are so absolute in their opinions, passions, and political affiliations, that they leave no room for acceptance of another belief.

I use the word acceptance rather than tolerance because the term 'tolerance' has a pretty loose translation. If i don't kill people i'm tolerating them some would say.

Acceptance takes on a whole new meaning. Allow me to illustrate from my own belief. I believe in universal harmony and balance. Yin and yang, push and pull. I believe in human kind Male and female are representations of these 2 halves. As such, the only way to achieve balance compliant with the universal law, men and woman are complimentary halves, and a homosexual relationship is not in compliance with this law of harmony and balance.

I can already see the formulation of fierce rebuttal, and some of you may even have my phone number half dialed ready to give me a piece of your minds. Bear with me please. i believe in the laws of harmony and balance. that is my belief. I believe men and women are complimentary halves of this balance. These are my beliefs folks.

They may or may not be eternal law. I don't know. I believe as i do, because this is how i hope to attain the highest level of happiness, and progression in this life. My belief, as is most others i would wager, stems from the desire to be better tomorrow than i am today and to be a better man so my children have a solid foundation to build on. Nowhere in my belief is there anything about hating anybody whose belief is different. I have a deep love for my fellow humans. As i am not the ultimate authority on what is right or wrong, i do my best to live well, and hold to the beliefs i hold dear.

I am not the ultimate authority on all things right and wrong. i accept that my beliefs are limited by my own ignorance, and inability to comprehend many many things. I do the best that i can. Every day i try to learn as much as i can to improve my belief and my situation in life.

Balance and harmony is one belief i hold very dear. Another is love. Love is probably the most important power one can behold, or wield, aside from perhaps creation. When i say love, i mean love, not apathy or pandering. I love my daughters more than my own life. I hold them to a very high standard of learning, obedience, and education. I hold them to this standard to give them the most tools possible to make their own choices, and live their own lives so that one day when they are leaving the nest they will be capable, intelligent, and beautiful human beings.

I disagree with homosexuality. I make no apologies for my belief. I do not harbor any feelings of hatred, or negativity towards anybody because they live a homosexual lifestyle. My negative feelings are reserved for those who live life for the purpose of belittling others to make themselves look better.

My enemy is the person with no respect for anyone. My enemy is the man who mistreats a woman who is willing to love him and be with him. My enemy is the school bully who attacks the defenseless kids. I label these people my enemy, but i should specify. Even these monstrous acts are brought about by some other event that has taught them to behave this way. In most cases their biggest sin is doing nothing to improve their situation, and just continuing the cycle. My enemy then isn't the people themselves, but the feelings, and actions that cause people to behave so horribly. There are plenty of terrible deeds committed by everyone. Acts of hate, and negativity are not restricted to people living a heterosexual lifestyle.

My point here is, just because i disagree with a homosexual lifestyle does NOT mean in any way at all that i dislike gay people. Just because i disagree with Pres. Obama does NOT make me a racist. I truly accept that other people's lives, and beliefs are different than mine. Their beliefs may make no sense to me, they aren't my beliefs. The only answer is to truly listen, and try to understand where this other belief comes from, try to understand the people who hold these beliefs dear, and accept the sometimes terrifying notion that you may be wrong.

Thanks for reading folks!! May you all find what you are looking for!

1 comment:

  1. I think that so many people have changed so many things about religion, politics, ethics, family, morals, etc. That now if you have any wiggle room in your stand it feels like someone will blow you over. So as a result we've all sort of become these blocks of stone in our view points. It's hard to have wiggle room, or a gray area and feel like people aren't walking all over you. I think part of this is like our entire society is going through that awkward teenage rebelian stage. Just 50 years ago for the most part people functioned the same way, then we started to reach out a little, and then a little more, and once we were allowed to stay out past curfue that was it! Our entire society hit puberty.

    Now we are in the middle of a civil war, but this war is so different than anything the world has seen in the past 2000 years that no one really knows how to deal with it. So we all get a little emotional and we all freak out a little. Lash back and forget that sometimes it's okay to be wrong, or even maybe be wrong. We're all waiting for our society to grow up again, and decide what way it really wants to live it's life. In the mean time we all have to be a little patient with each other we're all flooded with those pesty little hormones that make everything so unreasonable, generally speaking that is.

    ReplyDelete